Monday, January 24, 2011

More answers.

Typically, we have anywhere from 80-120 applicants in the beginning.  This shrinks quickly once we get going, however.  We do expect to have more than that number to start this process.

Remember, it is important to make sure you are monitoring your email and other sources of contact that you have provided, so as not to miss steps in the process which will lead to applicants missing out on a great opportunity.  Good luck to everyone!

With regards to residency requirements, you may apply and participate in the process regardless of where you live.  The only time living outside Wayne county or an adjacent Indiana county would be a problem is at the time of appointment.  This is after the acceptance of the conditional offer of employment.  Once you are offered the position is when you would need to make arrangements to move to the area. 

1 comment:

  1. I have a couple questions:
    #1 - I am currently a sworn police officer in the State of Ohio. I have been since 2000. 8 years of that has been full time. Does my time and training transfer or will I have to go through an Academy?
    #2 - Due to having been sworn for the past 11 years am I exempt from the age restriction? I am 37 years old.
    #3 - Do you have any secondary residency options? I live in Ohio but I am only 30 miles from Richmond.

    If possible could you please advise by email @ powers0527@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete